Procedure for reviewing manuscripts of articles in the journal «ENGINEERING»
Unbiased, independent, critical assessment is an intrinsic part of all scholarly work, including scientific investigation. Reviewers (both members of the editorial board and outside) must be well-known experts on the subject of the submitted manuscript
Articles first undergo an initial quality/compliance assessment by the editor upon receipt. At this stage, the materials are checked for plagiarism by checking for similarity.
Editor selects reviewers who are experts in the field of your manuscript.
Reviewers are allowed time to complete their review and submit comments to the editor.
Reviewers provide comments aimed to help create a better manuscript. Reviewers will recommend that:
– The manuscript is acceptable for publication.
– The manuscript requires further revisions.
– The manuscript is not acceptable for publication.
– The manuscript is more appropriate for another journal.
Editor makes a publication decision based on the reviews and sends out a decision letter.
If your manuscript needs modifications:
– You may resubmit after revisions have been made (use a response letter to explain each change, point by point).
– Editor decides whether to accept revised manuscript or refer it back to reviewers for further comment.
– Editor makes final decision.
If your manuscript is rejected: Before submitting elsewhere, act on the reviewers’ reports as this will lead to a better paper.